San Jose Park was the Third Seat that was built in the City of Holguin, in the second half of the 17th century, in 1752.
Currently El Parque San Jose is called Carlos Manuel de Céspedes, however for everyone it is El Parque San Jose. From 1838 to 1848 this Seat served as a provisional Market.
San Jose Park is the third square to be demarcated, a place where a hermitage was built at the end of the 18th century, with the arrival of the Franciscans, being known as Plaza San Francisco.
In 1809 the San José Church was inaugurated here. In 1916, on its central front, a monument of remembrance and tribute to the patriots shot in the Cuban independence wars in Holguin was built.
In 1981, the monument was erected in honor of the Father of the Nation, Carlos Manuel de Céspedes, the name that San Jose Park in the City of Holguin had since 1898.