The first building of the Church of San Isidoro was blessed on April 3, 1720 in the City of Holguin in Cuba, it was elevated to the rank of Cathedral in 1979 and consecrated in 1996.
The Church of San Isidoro was built by Regidor D. Diego de Ávila y de la Torre, which survived until 1815.
At that time (1720) the mass of consecration of the temple and birth of the City in Holguin, Cuba was celebrated in the Church of San Isidoro.
Inaugurated between 1818 - 1820, the Cathedral of San Isidoro - the former Church of San Isidoro - in the City of Holguin, is a construction with a Latin T-shaped plan.
The Cathedral of San Isidoro is a solid building with three wide doors and attached columns, with a pediment in the center that defines its triangular top.
The Moorish interiors of the Cathedral of San Isidoro have as their great attraction the carefully crafted wooden ceilings, still original, which are the most beautiful among those preserved in the Mudejar style in the City of Holguin.
Originally, today's Cathedral of San Isidoro was the Parish Church of Holguin. It contains records of baptisms, marriages and deaths since 1731.
The Church of San Isidoro was elevated to the rank of Cathedral in 1979 and consecrated in 1996.