Infantile Park (Ruben Bravo Park)
The Infantile Park, name current it is sieged in what was The Public Square of La Mantilla, last Park in being built in Holguin City, in 1883, with the objective of serving to the troops like the Room of Infantry, around the same was the practice area. Its name was chosen in honor to the colonel José Mantilla de los Ríos.
The Infantile Park, then public square of La Mantilla, it was used in the war of 1895 as Grouped Square.
The Public Square of La Mantilla, when retiring the Spanish army of Holguin, and of Cuba, it was used as stable by the North American interventionist troops. Later the ruins served as recreation area to the children of the zone. So it began this way to transform it into the Infantile Park, like it’s knows today.
A commission of women from Holguin, in the decade of 1930 traced plans so that an Infantile true Park was created in the place, but it didn't go up to 1953 (when the national budget appeared at that time managed by the wife of the Governor of the Republic of Cuba Fulgencio Batista) that it took the structure of the present. Then she denominated it, Marta Park, name with which the people of Holguin was never identified.
In the first years of the Revolution, it was called Rubén Bravo, name of a undercover fighter of Holguin, however, for the people of Holguin it continues being The Infantile Park.
May 17 of 1959 the current Ruben Bravo Park of Holguin City, today Infantile Park was witness and scenario of the first representation of "Cumin and Pepper" for Ricardo siblings founders of the nascent Puppet Theater of Holguin.